Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The angels are flying!!!

We just got back from our appointment at the Adoption Center. I honestly cannot say enough good stuff about how well it went. The staff was EXTREMLY kind and they gave us many choices. They had preselected 5 girls for us to look at and I must say that they were all beautiful and it was a very tough choice. All the girls were between the ages of 1 - 3 years. Jason and I did not take much time chosing. Both of us agreed pretty quickly which one we wanted to meet. She is so beautiful!!! and had the happiest smile on her face. Sorry to say mom, but she has big brown eyes and brown hair. Looks like dad's and my dream were pretty accurate. It was a very hard choice though...I am getting emotional just writing this. Maybe I can talk Jason into coming back for that blonde hair blue eyed one!! LOL! We are very happy right now and have perma grin on our faces.
We are taking a train to meet her tomorrow to a region called Myokiv (spelling???) near the Black Sea. The region is known to be an easy one, and will take us about 12 hours to get there by train. We will leave Kiev tommorrow at 7pm. She is 22 months old, one of the youngest in the group of 5 we were shown. Her name is Olena! and I can't tell you enough how cute the picture was!!
I am so sorry we have not called yet. We told the translator today that it is imparative that we get a phone card to call home so hopefully within the next couple hours we will be able to call.

Things are going good don't worry about us. We have a GREAT and very kind translator, his name is Gene! We ventured out on our own yesterday and went to the market and even cooked dinner. Jason was a little nervous but did good in the long run. The one crappy thing is the bed! lets say we are sleeping on a piece of wood with lots of blanket.
Weather is chilly though warmer today. It snowed yesterday but melted on the ground.
*Jennifer if you could print this and call you dad and read it to him, we would really appreciate it.*
Thats all for now. I will post again once we are in region. Hopfully they will have an internet cafe.
Oh and the buildings here.....OMG they are the most beautiful things that Jason and I have ever seen. We are truly having a great time.
We love you all and keep the prayers coming. So far they are all being answered! Hugs and kisses to everyone. Talk to you soon.

7 comments:

Greta said...

Christina & Jason:
Great news! It is good to hear that the referrals are so excellent that you had a hard time deciding between the five offered. Thanks much for sharing the details of your meeting at SDA.
I can't wait to hear about your meeting with her!
Best wishes!

adoptedthree said...

How wonderful! Congratulations on your UA Angel.

Anonymous said...

You're making me cry at work again, Christina! So happy for you guys. We miss you already! You are both in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Love,
Jesse

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy for yourguys!
Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

YYEEEAAAHHHH!!!! I'm soooooo excited!!!! I've already called Pops and Mom and David thinks I'm nutz! Hurray for you guys! I'm so happy things are going well and you get to meet your new daughter tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes...keep posting!
Love you Guys!
Auntie Jen!

Amy said...

Yippee!

So excited for you guys! Can't wait to see a photo! Have a nice train journey!

Amy