Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Another day!!

Not too much to post since last time but things are still going well. Today the translator went to the Municiple Council and they said that our paperwork would be ready tomorrow morning. Once this is completed it will go by train to Kiev, signed and sent back....then we can go to court. That is the day we are truly waiting for because then once our adoption is granted it is 10 more days then we start to head home.

Last night was a lot of fun with her....she is quite the little pistol. Her favorite game with daddy is lets throw something on the floor and watch him pick it up!! LOL!! What a sucker...he falls for it everytime. She has the greatest laugh I cannot wait until you can all hear her!!

We made a lot of progress this morning with Jason, she did not willing come to him but if I handed her to him or he picked her up she did not argue. This is a great breakthrough. I also heard her cry for the first time today and it was very hard. I started to cry too!!! The caregiver gave her to me and she buried her little face in my chest and laid there. It was very sweet. She is going to be a real lover, she likes to be cuddled!

Today we will go the flea market and buy some pull ups or diapers because she is having some accidents, I am also going to start looking for a few things like a coat, socks, shoes and maybe another outfit. I did bring one and I am very happy because I think it will fit. The other family tried some clothes on their daughter so in comparison I am almost positive she will wear an 18months. Now I just got to figure out the shoe size and we will be good.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments you guys are leaving. It is awesome hearing from all of you and it has even made me cry! (Yes I am emotional these days) I can't wait to get home and see all of you again! Lots of love as always. We will check in again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is very sweet! I've already picked up two of the cuttest little outfits for her and can't wait to get to the store for some more. This litte girl is going to be a princess when we're done! I love the pictures, she is so cute! I leave them all open so when I log onto my computre it's the first thing I see. How Wonderful this is! Keep up all the FUN! Love you Guys! Auntie Jen

Anonymous said...

YAY TI!! She is beautiful!! Just like her momma and pappa! Her eyes are gorgeous! I'm so glad to hear you guys are enjoying your stay. Next time you go... YOU ARE TAKING ME WITH YOU!! :) Tell Olena we said HI!! Can't wait to see you guys!! :)

LOVE YOU!
Becky

Jennifer said...

Little tip on figuring the shoe size - trace her foot on a piece of paper - then take with you shopping....most stores will measure it for you or you can put the shoe up to the paper and get a good guess. That is what I did and it worked.

I am so happy to hear things are going well.