Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Monday, January 15, 2007

One of her gifts from the "Tea Party"
A lot has happened since my last post and to start things off I would like to say that we are on perfect week number 2 that she has maintained her angel-like behavior. It is amazing and we are so happy. She is very smart and is picking up new things everyday. We have been teaching her to use sign language and she learns it so fast. I have been teaching her one word per day and that seems to be pretty easy for her!
This past Saturday we had a "Tea Party" babyshower...it was a lot of fun for her and the kids, and of course I thought it went beautifully. It was a great opportunity for extended family and friends to meet her, and it helped us to get some of the necessities that we really needed! We all had a great time and of course everyone ranted and raved about how cute and smart she was :O) I have to smile about that because I have been waiting for 2 years to get compliments on my daughter and I am loving every moment of it!!!! We got a TON of great gifts and some the cutest clothes. She will definately have style.
Then the final grand event is that I went back to work today! It was tough and yes I cried, but all in all it went really well. She was such a big girl and did not cry one bit...she stood at the door and waved and blew me kisses. My girlfriend who is caring for her said that she stood there at the door for about 15-20 minutes blowing kisses then turned to her and said "momma bye bye" then shut the door. I am only working 5 hours a day so it is not too bad and I love my job and coworkers so that makes the time go by really fast.
Other than that everything is going great. We are all happy and healthy and I wouldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Christina and Jason,
congratulations on your adoption! My name is Shabina Khatri, I am a reporter for the Detroit Free Press. I'm writing a story about international adoption and am looking to talk to Michigan folks who have gone through the process.

I would love to interview you sometime in the next few days, if possible. Please let me know if you can talk! Thanks,
Shabina
ps...do you mind deleting this comment from the site? I don't want to get scooped :)

Shabina S. Khatri
Metro Reporter
Detroit Free Press
skhatri@freepress.com
Office: (586) 469-8087
Cell: (248) 227-3667