Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Worth the wait???


You bet she was worth the wait...
I would have waited another 2 years if I knew she was my daughter!!!!

I went shopping at Target on Friday and found this onesie in the baby department! I couldn't resist. Lucky my little angel is still only wearing a 9-12 months becacuse the biggest size it came in was 9mons.

Anyhow, things are progressing nicely. She is still being very good, and is growing physically and mentally each day. Everyday she seems to pick up a new english word. We are still teaching her the sign languge, and she uses it daily. It has been about 3 weeks and she learns 1 new word each day. She can currently use about 7 words correctly on her own with no "reminders" or prompting. She remembers the sign, it is just reminding her of when to actually use them!
I have been thinking a lot lately about Ukraine and all of the friends that we made, and all of the children we met....I was really missing it. I will be honest, I never thought I would be saying that anytime soon. But I do truly miss it. The simplicity of it all! Jason and I will definatley return in a few years to take Olena to visit. I don't think we will adopt again from Ukraine but we will surely visit. Please don't assume I DON'T WANT to adopt again, it is just that the financial burden for us would not be possible again. We have so many other things that we need to focus on for our future that will require our money!!!! As for more kids though??? I think that I would honestly be happy with just her but I have always imagined having a large family. So in the next few years we are going to try to have a "homegrown" baby, then I think we will adopt again using the local county by becoming foster parents. It all sounds like the perfect idea but Who knows!!! Only time will tell!



" Please can I have some more cookie dough??"


This afternoon we made chocolate chip cookies, and someone quickly discovered how good the dough is!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olena looks so CUTE!:):):) I'm sorta ready to go back for another one too, only I think Lyra would beat up any child we brought home with us. She has already devoloped a sense of "entitlement". She thinks she's entitled to me any time of the day or night, no matter what I'm doing or who I'm doing it with:):):) Maybe in a few years we can all take a trip back...sigh.

Amy said...

She is turning into such a little beauty! Love the cute shirt!
Congratulations on Olena!

amy