Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lord hear my prayer....

On a good note, we had our first family camping trip this past weekend and we had a great time. On the other hand...we are now suffering the consequences of what happens when an adopted toddler has too much fun for 3 days in a row and is completely off schedule. Can you say DEMON?? She has been completely obnoxious and extremely whiny - which I have a real hard time dealing with. I know that toddlers are going to be hard work but give me a break!!! is it really necessary to do nothing but whine for 2 days straight?? I kid you not, everything that has come out of this child's mouth today since the very second she got out of bed had been in the form of whining or crying! ALL DAY!!!!!! I am at wits end, in case you can't tell. I know I will laugh about this later but right now, I am not very happy!
Back to the camping. We had a fabulous time. She was very excited about the idea of camping, though I know she really had no idea what is was, she talked about it and asked me a million times on Thursday if we were "going camping?" it was really cute. then she would precede to tell me "lake.....beach.....camping......bikes.....fishies.....o.k. mommy??" The whole week before I was telling her about the different things we were going to see when we went camping. At least now I know she really does listen to me :) She never did stay up long enough at night to enjoy the bonfire or smores, but she had tons of fun none the less. We spent about 5 hours at the beach on Lake Michigan. She LOVED the sand and spent a majority of the time rolling in it! We rode banana bikes, she got to drive around on her new little tykes 4 wheeler, and she played around the cabin and caught bugs. As you will see in the pictures she had a great time getting dirty too!
We came home Sunday and obviously the excitement of the weekend really wore on her because she hasn't been sleeping good. The past couple nights she has had night terrors, and she is beyond tired. So crabby has been the mood in this household for the past couple of days. All I can do now is just pray for the patience!!

As I sit here typing this I feel that someone has heard my prayers because Olena is walking around the basement pushing her baby around in the stroller and she is getting very upset....see this baby coos and crys, and right now, it is crying!!! and will not stop :) and she hates this!! so I am listening to her run around the basement with this baby screaming "stop baby.....stop baby....."

pay backs are a bitch!! LOL!!!!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

We just got back from camping too so she and Lyra had their first camping trip at the same time. Love the pics! I always say that a mud puddle in the bathtub at night means somebody had a good day:):):). Hugs!