Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Monday, December 17, 2007

A year ago today...

December 17th, 2007 at 8:30pm - we walked through the Customs doors at Detroit Metro Airport as a family of 3. It was one of the proudest and happiest moments of my life. The little girl we have grown to know and love was finally being introduced our life.... her new life. We came through those doors expecting to see only our parents and by surprise we were greeted by many many family and friends. It was so overwhelming and all I could do was cry. I was completely exhausted, we hadn't slept a wink in about 20 hours, we had just listened to our new darling angel cry and throw fits for the last 14 hours, we were all sick, and the emotions were beyond explanation.

Being home and in our house we so great. My bed NEVER felt so comfortable, my house never looked so clean (thanks to my momma, and Rickie), the house was decorated for Christmas, and the nursery was complete....everything was perfect!! It wasn't all sugar plums and candy canes though. The next 2-3 weeks were some of the hardest times this year. It was a huge adjustment for everyone. On top of that, we were all sick and being the week of Christmas, it was a whirlwind of chaos with family and friends visiting. She managed pretty good considering but there were many many sleepless nights, and many days of tears - for all of us.

None-the-less, I would never change a thing. This adoption was the best thing I have ever done and regardless of how rocky the road was to get here, it was worth every bit of pain. It's not much to ask, considering the little girl I was given in return.

Well this was suppose to be my last post, however, I am currently working on the "grand finale" and it is not complete yet. So I have decided to post a few more times throughout Christmas, and sometime before the New Year I will bring it to an end! I have decided to create a new blog that I will keep private for family and friends to view. I of course want to keep in touch and I know everyone enjoys reading the follow ups and see the new pictures so hopefully this will still enable you to do so without compromising my family's privacy.

Here are a few pictures from out Family Day!!!








2 comments:

Tonya said...

Good. I am so glad you are planning on keeping a freinds and family blog. I better get an invitation!:):):)

I can relate to the being home in your own bed thing. That was the nicest feeling in the world. It's almost worth sleeping on a lumpy sleeper sofa for a month just to have that overwhelming feeling of extreme thankfulness! LOL

Brian, Pamela, Angelina said...

Hi Warchol's! Merry Xmas to you all! Tonya, can you please email Pamela and I your mailing address in Michigan? We have a DVD that we want to send you guys. white.brian@hotmail.com I need to send it before we leave the US next week. Hope all is well, many hugs,
Brian, Pamela and Angelina