Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

As I promised!!!!!!!

We are back in the game :O) WOOWHOOO! We finally have an appointment. Jason was very brave and called the Adoption Center (SDA) today and they were kind enough to tell us our date over the phone. We are scheduled for November 13th....that is only 25 days away!! I am so excited, yet so overwhelmed. I don't have a lot of time to fill you in now but I will be to post again soon. Thanks for all prayers...look like He finally heard us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! We're all glad that you are still on this journey and that you have your appointment, at last. Best wishes to you as you travel to find your child soon!

--Laura
(FRUA friend)

Anonymous said...

wow!
it sounds great!
I found your blog on FRUA......but really would like to know the name and contact info for your translator. Our dossier is just about ready to get notarized etc and I am trying to find someone to work with over there....the guy you describe sounds like a great guy!
and.......I adopted my 7.5 year old dd from the north east side of the Black Sea, and I am hoping to go to that part of Ukraine for her sister.
Please write to me personally if you would.
thanks!
sushine11@cox.net