Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

2nd day visit.

We are still doing great. We finally got settled last night in our flat about 6:00pm and boy must I say...we are staying in the Hilton!!! It is gorgous. It is a lady that the Director of the orphanage recommended. I guess she usually rents her flat to Italian Families but adoptions have been very slow in this region over the past year so she was very happy to accommadate us. The flat is awsome. We even have a bath tub!! WOOWHO!! I sat in there so long yesterday I looked like a 80 year old woman when I got out :O) It is very clean, very beautifully decorated and very comfortable. It has 2 bedrooms so our translator is staying with us as well.

Today we got to visit Olena again and this time she came running to us!! It was a great feeling. Our translator had the caregivers put us in the sleeping room so that we could be seperate from the other children and spend some time alone. She even let Jason hold her today!!! We got many great pictures and even came here today to try and download them but unfortunately we were not successful. The guys who worked here said that I need the disc to download the program and I did not bring it!!! Sorry guys. I know that you are all probably swearing at me right now, but I promise this is not on purpose!!

Oh and I am now band from the orphange!!! Just kidding, but I did make the caregivers mad already!! It was time for us to leave and for Olena to eat lunch I tried to have her sit in her chair she stumbled and put her hand right in the bowl of soup, spilling it everywhere!! Needless to say, they were not very happy with me!

I think she is finally starting to realize who Jason and I are. Yesterday she called Jason Papa and today she ran to me calling me momma. Gene is now dada (which is Uncle.) She talks a little, but I am sure she knows more, because today she was babbling about my camera and the light on it. I really wish you guys could see her...her smile will make you melt! Her caregiver told us yesterday that she is very clever. Today while playing with her, it seems she will have quite the attitude if she finds it necessary. We might really have our hands full! We will be able to see her again this afternoon after 3:30. Hopefully she will not be grumpy. Yesterdays afternoon appointment was not as much fun because she was crabby! but now that she knows a little better perhaps it will go smoother. We are going to walk over to the flea market and buy her a little toy! Yes we are going to spoil her already!

We found an internet cafe literally a 2 minute walk from our flat so will promise to post daily. Thanks for all the support. Reading your comments made me cry today. If she only knew how many people already love her.

PS: Becky....her birthday is January 20th!!!! Thought you would like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are enjoying your time with little Olena! It's GREAT to hear she called you two Momma and Pappa! No worries about the pictures, it'll just make meeting her even more eventful! Just think, a little spilled soup is nothing compared to mud pies in the backyard!
Love You!!!
Auntie Jen!

Anonymous said...

Everyone here at Motion says hi!!!
We can't wait to meet your new daughter. This little angel is going to change your whole life (sounds like she already has). Jason, you're gonna make a great dad! Mine and my family's prayers are with you. God Bless!

Chuck Stemple

Anonymous said...

What could be any better then having the same birthday as ME!?! :) Now you know she is going to be a GREAT kid!! :) I'm so excited to meet her and I miss you like Crazy Ti!! The "North Side" of the office is kind of quiet without you. HURRY BACK!!

We Love You Guys! :)

Becky