Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Can you believe we leave next week? It is so strange to finally be able to say "next week"!!! I am a little behind schedule and still have a ton of things to do. But I have the weekend and
Tuesday is my last day at work so I will have 2-3 full days to get things done.

I have still managed to stay relatively calm. The only thing I can think of, is that it just has not "processed" yet or I am just so prepared after waiting for 2 1/2 years that I know everything is going to be o.k.

Everyone has been so supportive...it is good to know we have so many friends and family cheering us on! I truly think we are going to have a good time...cold weather, no hot water, lack of toilets, lack of heat and great Vodka!!! What else could you ask for? LOL!!!
On a serious note, we will lack a few of the luxuries that we have here but we're prepared. One of the girls at work the other day said "who the heck goes to Ukraine?" and I said "WE ARE!!" and we are going to have the time of our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your trip. We use to tell people we were going on a 3 week vacation to Ukraine and bringing home a very special souvenir! We met our beautiful Ukrainian Princess 3 years ago today! I hope the whole process goes smoothly for you.
Take Care and God Bless
Joan

Anonymous said...

All this excitement, reading from blog to blog about FINALLY getting travel dates and even I feel overwhelmed by it all (and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon!).

Congratulations and have a safe trip! Can't wait to read your updates!

Anonymous said...

Who needs a toilet, TP, and heat when you have VODKA???? I can't wait to hear all about your great adventure. It's going to be WONDERFUL! ---Auntie Jen!!! :)