Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

HOLY COW!!! 3 days and counting. Though I must admit I am still having a lot of trouble getting myself to believe that it is finally happening. NO nerves, no emotional breakdowns yet...nothing! I have been so busy making sure we have everything and making sure the home front is being well taken care of.
The dogs are my main concern right now! I am so worried that they are going to go into depression when we're gone, then to come home with a baby is going to stress them beyond belief. I just keep praying for the best and a smooth transistion. Family and friends are doing great with helping out, but I know that no one is going to care for and spoil our "babies" the way we do!

I am a little worried about the husband too. He is stressing big time! I am doing my best to reassure him that we are going to have a good time and to just relax and enjoy the time we will spend there. I have a feeling that he might experience a bit of culture shock.

This is going to be a big change but it is only going to last a few weeks, then we get to come back and continue living in our comfort. If all of the Ukrainians and our daughter can live their lives there, there is no reason why we can't handle it for a month. I know that this is not a trip to Tahiti but I am really looking forward to it. This is truly an once in a life time opportunity!!

I will be sure to post again before leaving.... just think, 1 week from today I should be posting you the details of the daughter we will be getting ready to meet! FINALLY!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have been reading your Blog. I wish you the best on your trip to Ukraine. This is a very exciting time for you and your husband. While we were there 3 years ago it was a wonderful time for us to relax, catch up on our sleep and to just talk. Enjoy the time with your spouse, enjoy the experience of Ukraine and enjoy getting to know your child. Life goes pretty fast! enjoy the journey!

Anonymous said...

I can feel your excitement! It is so wonderful.

Deep breaths!!!! LOL

Amy said...

Christina and Jason!
So excited for you guys! We are about a week behind you.... Wishing you guys all the best!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Good Luck!

I am currently assembling my dossier. I am hanging on every word you write...

adoptedthree said...

It was always hard for us to leave our dogs (aka Babies) behind too! But it really is amazing how spoiled they can get by others:)

Anonymous said...

Christina!

Good Luck on your journey- we are in the (hopefully) December group.

I'm worried about leaving my dog too- she's sooooooo spoiled, but I know she'll be well taken care of, try not to worry too much about it.

It will be culture shock for both of you, but just as there will be things that are hard to take, I bet you come away with some things you actually enjoyed (think Vodka here, wink, wink) and of course you'll be coming home with your daughter.

In the end, once you are all home, anything you've had to endure up to this point will be a distant memory!!

Can't wait to follow you in UA!!

Lisa S.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Wishing you a safe journey. It will all be behind you soon and you will be back home with the best "Christmas Present Ever". Looking forward to meeting the newest member of your family. God speed and best wishes...Love you both...soon to be three ):
Dr Rich & Deb

Anonymous said...

Just take some deep breaths and try to remain calm. You will have plenty of hurry up and wait days in Ukraine. Take one day at a time. We brought our little girl home in April 2005, and she is just blossoming every day.

PS: We live in Michigan, too.

Laura

Greta said...

Have a splendid trip. You are going to have such a great adventure. We hope to go in December and are from St. Clair Shores... not far from you!

Best wishes for a safe trip and successful adoption.