Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Last night home

Well this is it. Our last night home as just husband and wife. I am sitting here collecting my thoughts for the first time all day and I think it is finally starting to sink in. The moment we have been anticipating for 2 years is finally here. We are going to become a family.

For the past 2 years all I kept thinking was how excited I was going to be at this moment. I got such anxiety just thinking about it....but, strangely enough, during these past 2 weeks I have been calmer then I have been since this whole process started. I guess I just don't find a reason to be scared or nervous. I have learned and studied so much about the adoption, Ukraine, what to expect, what could go wrong... all I have done is prepare!! I am ready -

We leave tomorrow evening and will arrive in Ukraine, late Saturday afternoon. I will do my best to post Sunday. If for some reason, it is not possible, I will be sure to post Monday night and let you know all about our appointment.

Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the way - now the real journey begins and I am happy to be sharing with all of you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Go get'um guys! I will be following along! Don't forget to send an email to the oldies on the list! We will be there in 11 days - so you find your kiddo and get that family started!

Hugs!
Amy