Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

10 more days!

Hello everyone... sorry we have not posted. I have been VERY ill for the past 3 days and have not left the flat. Today is my first day out and let me tell ya, I never thought the Ukrainian air would smell so good. I don't have too much to say, being that I have not been to the Orphange. I did not want to risk getting Olena sick so Jason has been going by himself, and from what he said, she is doing great! Today will be the first time I see her in 3 days so I am pretty excited. We are making it through, but we are really looking forward to the these next 10 days flying by.

Congratulations Kaitlin on your report card...I am very proud of you getting all A s!!! That's a GIRL!!!!! Keep up the good work and see you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, you are a blessing too. God is good and has definitely heard our prayers! Things are going well here at work. We miss you a lot and are all anxious to meet Olena. We just finally got a bit of snow that is sticking. Not much, though. Me, Eddie and Timmy will be going to Greenfield Villiage this weekend along with his parents (first time we've spent time with his fam in a while..pray for me! LOL). Looking forward to having you, Jay and Olena to do fun things with this winter. I bet she would love to go sledding! Have you been able to use the ipod? I hope you can atleast listen to Christmas music that way. Take care, guys, and try to enjoy the remaining time you have there in Ukraine. I'm sure it will go quickly!

Love, Jesse.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Only 10 more days to go. I can't wait to see you all. Give Olena a hug for me. Yes, Kamille is chewing on evertyhing in her insight, that is including any body part of mine! Last night she fell asleep chewing on my shoulder while I was rocking her to sleep. Go figure!!! I miss you. It's like no where near the same for me, without you here. I mean not just here at work, but here in the US. Well we have only have 10 more days left, it won't be long now.

Jason keep up the good work with Olena. If she is going to be anything like Tina, then you have to know that she is going to be Daddy's Little Girl! Get ready!

God bless you all. Remember to pray for understanding, and patience. You will need a lot of that.

Love always!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina and Jason, It's me again, Kaitlin. Hope you feel better after you've been sick. How's Olena doing? Charlie and Linus are doing good. My band concert went well the other night. Can't wait to see you...

Love,
Kaitlin (& family)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Me and Tony cant wait to see you and your new Angel Baby. We miss you guys and are so happy for you.