Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Detroit Fireworks....from Canada!

oh boy!! cotton candy :)
o.k. I am guilty. I tried to keep her awake by loading her with sugar.
It worked too, she stayed wired right up until the point we put her in her car seat to go home. It was lights out immediately! The sugar hangover caused quite a crabby little girl the next day, so I don't recommend this method :(

Detroit skyline



We decided to take Olena to see her first fireworks display at the Detroit Target Fireworks Display. She was in complete awe and did great! she did spend the majority of the grand finale hanging from my neck, but she had a wonderful time. I have to admit we cheated though, and watched them from the Canadian side. My best friend lives in Windsor so we had dinner with them, then sat Riverside with a great view. On a positive note, we got to watch the show against the Detroit skyline, not a view we normally get.

No comments: