Every 18 seconds, a child becomes an orphan. Lets not forget about them.

The children who are available for adoption in Ukraine are not allowed to be photographed and "published" for view due to current Ukrainian laws. This is meant to protect the children and eliminate the chances of unethical or illegal adoptions . That is why in my slide show you will not see any full view faces of the children from the desky dom.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for the great comments. We absolutely love reading them and it makes us feel good to see how much you all care. Olena is doing A LOT better. I have studied up on my Russian and I am now able to correct her and talk to her a little more and she actually understands. That seems to have made life easier. She is still having tantrums but they are less frequent and do not last as long. We are really making progress. We love her more and more everyday! I cannot wait for you all to meet her.

Rita - So happy to hear from you. I remember you saying that I was going to get one that would give me a run for your money and boy were you right. She is a pistol and I have my work cut out for me. Tell the girls that I MISS them very very much and I hope to see them during the Holidays.

Aunt Carey, Uncle Kraig and girls - Thank you VERY much for all of your support and words of encouragement. This has been very tough and I know that you guys have been on the side lines this whole time. We love you for that. I am very happy to hear that you, Kaitlyn, are doing good in school. I cannot wait until Olena gets to meet you guys. She will be so lucky to have such good cousins like you and Mackie!!!

ALine Staff - I miss you guys like crazy. Believe it or not I am SSOOO ready to come back to work. It is kinda boring here at times :O) and I miss you all. Becky we will definately have a double party but easy on the Vodka o.k.? I know she is Russian and all but can't teach her this early. BTW I am going through xmas music withdrawls so I hope you are enjoying it. That is all I am going to listen too as soon as I hit US soil!! HAHA April - I am so geeked to hear about Kamille's teeth. Olena has a pretty good set already so I won't share that joy. ...though she is still teething and her molers are coming in so maybe when they break through I will be excited too. Thank you so much for your words of encouragment. I truly hope that I will be a good mom! and give the baby a big birthday hug from me!!! Jesse - as you know your prayers mean so much to us. You know my feelings and appreciation for you and your ability to make me believe in faith. You were meant to be an angel in our lives and we are very blessed for that. Without you we may not have made it this far....prayer is to thank for this. Thank you!

Alana, Rob and Gang - Thanks a bunch we can't wait to get home and see you. I am happy to know that Sami and Olena can play together and hopefully be good friends. I will be off for a few weeks and I am sure that Olena will grieve for all of her little friends here at the orphange. She will be happy to have someone small like her to play with.

Auntie Jen - We know your excited. We have showed her your picture and told her [Toy-tcha] Jenny - that means Aunt Jenny. So she should reconize you when she gets home. Easy with the clothes though. This girl is going to have so many clothes I hope she will be able to wear them all. Tell the family we are very sorry to have to miss the x-mas party. We were hoping to be home by then but unfortunately cannot. Tell them Merry Christmas.

Thank you everyone and if I forgot you I am very sorry. But we are running out of time - so gotta go. We will post again in a few days. Love and miss you all. WE CANNOT WAIT TO GET HOME!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi its me again kitlin crocker are you going to macke it home for x/mas?hpoe you do.its starting to get realy cold here ice is starting to come its in the 30 to 20 and a bit of 40.i have to things coming up i have my band consert this tue flute.and my dance recitle.the grinch/hip hop/
fast.well i got to go i have to do some typing.,ps,we hvave a snow globe with cariters frome wine the poo see ya.

Anonymous said...

Hi you three, Rich and I are so very happy for you and glad to hear you will be home with family and friends for the holidays. You sure won't be able to top this Christmas gift! Safe trip home new family....xoxoxo
Rich & Deb J